Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tales from the Kiddos: What are they putting in those drugs?

Double dose of kiddo humor today, because I seriously can't make this stuff up, although this did happen a few months ago:

Conversation with a patient as she returned from a long procedure, still slightly sedated:


Patient (as she is left on the stretcher in the doorway while the staff preps her room): It's ok, you can totally just leave me here in the middle of everyone's way, I'll make it work.
Bethany: How was the procedure
Patient: Weird.
Bethany: How so?
Patient: There was a cat in the operating room.
Bethany: A cat?
Patient: Yep. His name was Felix
Mom: I mean, the anesthesiologist's name was Felix (insert Bethany trying not to laugh)
Patient: Yeah, that's what I meant
Bethany: Well, aside from roaming felines, how was today's procedure compared to yesterday's?
Patient: Oh today's was much longer
Bethany: Why was that?
Patient: well because today they gave me a  (In full singsong voice) Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh. CATSCAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking this journey with me! I always love to hear your thoughts and promise to respond whenever possible.